Block of the Month
2015 Block of the Month
For 2015, our Block of the Month theme is row quilts! Row quilts have become really popular–last summer even quilt shops were designing new patterns and selling kits. What fun! Here’s a new way for everyone to show their creative and individual style.
You can put your row together any way you want: pieced, paper-pieced, or appliqued (hand or fusible). The row can be made of blocks or all one piece. It can be a repeated design or totally different from one side to the other, your choice. Some ideas will be given and some color suggestions–but the rest will be up to you. OK, so here goes…
Size: The rows can be anywhere between 3″ to 12″ tall and must be 42″ long.
For January’s row, think white, gray, and black. Can you add colors? Of course, this is your creation! Now for ideas, think Snowballs, snowflakes, and snowmen. Think musical notes, piano keys, and tuxedos. Think Penguins, polar bears, and kitty cats. Think checkerboards, and jigsaw puzzles. Any ideas coming to you yet? We will not be giving you any specific patterns, but feel free to ask Gail Chase if you have an idea and are stuck on where to find one, she will be glad to help.
Someone will win all these fabulous rows, but a special prize will be given to the most creative one–Will it be yours?
2014 Block of the Month
- January 2014 – Sunshine & Citrus
- February 2014 – Road To Florida Through Tallahassee
- March 2014 – Welcome to Florida
- April 2014 – Wish You Were Here/Getting There
- May 2014 – Deep Peace
- June 2014 – Florida Crossties
- July 2014 – Shades of Summer
- August 2014 – Florida Gold
- September 2014 – Purple Rain and Hurricanes
- October 2014 – Beautiful Flowers/U.S. 1
- November 2014 – Canopy Road
- December 2014 – A Spin Around The Block/Tallahassee Star